You can copy an invoice to create a saved temporarily version of the invoice. This is useful if you need to add charges or change the charges on an invoice that is unpaid - copy the existing unpaid invoice to create a saved temporarily invoice, then edit and send the copied invoice.
To copy an invoice:
- Find the invoice you want to copy
- Hover over the gear icon
- Click the "Copy" button (two pages icon). This will create a new copy of the existing invoice in the Saved Temporarily status.
- Make the desired changes (i.e changing the invoice date and late date, adding a line item for a new charge, adding a credit line item for a discount, etc) to the new Saved Temporarily invoice
- Click "Save" or "Save and Send"
- To delete the existing invoice (the invoice you copied), hover over the gear icon of the original invoice and click "Cancel" or "Reverse"