Types of issues regarding credits and how to solve them
Issue: If a partial credit has been previously recorded and applied, then an additional credit needs to be applied as well, we must un-apply all previously applied credits and re-apply the total available credit.
How to un-apply and re-apply the total credit:
- Edit the invoice
- Un-check the "Apply available parent balance" box
- Click "Save" to update the invoice
- Edit the invoice again
- Click the "Apply available parent balance" box
- Click "Save and Send"
Here is a video tutorial on how to apply multiple credits to an invoice: https://www.iorad.com/player/141282/Apply-Multiple-Credits-to-an-Invoice
Issue: If there has been an issue with the total amount of the unapplied credit please attempt to click the "Update Balance" button
Issue: If there has been an issue with the total amount of the unapplied credit please review the parent "Ledger" tab to gain a better understanding of previously recorded payments, credits, and balances.
- If there is a negative balance showing in the Ledger and the credits add up but clicking the "Update Balance" button did not make the available balance reflect what is showing in the ledger, record a credit of $1 to trigger the balance to update.
- If this does not update the balance, remove the $1 credit, and escalate this issue.
Issue: You cannot update or un-apply credits from a paid invoice. School admins cannot un-apply credits to invoices marked as "Paid". To update this invoice please utilize the ellipses (...) to change the invoice status to "Saved". This will allow for the un-apply credits button to enable.
**NOTE: You can only do this if the invoice was paid by credit or if it was marked as paid by check by the school in the current month. Do NOT change the status of an invoice that was paid online (by credit card/bank transfer)