Use the parent ledger to view all invoices and payment history for a parent. Parents can access their ledger from their parent portal and can use the ledger for tax purposes or FSA reimbursements.
The ledger includes invoice numbers, student names, invoice dates, payment dates, and service dates of all line items billed to the parent. The parent can download their ledger to PDF or XLS; the downloaded version includes the school's name, address, and tax ID. Please note that service dates are only included on recurring (automatically generated) invoices; ad hoc or manually created invoices will not have service dates.
The ledger can be filtered by a date range, for example, year to date or previous calendar year. Please note that this filter will show charges based on when the invoice was created and payments based on when the payment was initiated. Meaning, if you filter the ledger to show invoices from 1/01/2020-6/01/2020, it will show all invoices created within that date range and all payments initiated within that date range.
While the ledger is line item-based (it includes all billed line items and payments), the Statement is invoiced-based. The statement shows all invoices billed to the parent with the invoice status, credit applied to the invoice, and if thee invoice is paid, the payment method and paid date. The statement is sorted by status (paid invoices will be at the top of the statement). The statement is only available to school administrators and is not visible to parents.
To view and download the parent ledger: 1. Click “Parents” on the left sidebar 2. Find a parent and click on the parent's name 3. Click the “Ledger” tab 4. [Optional] To filter the ledger by a date range, deselect the “All Dates” checkbox and select a date range using the “From Date” and “To Date” selectors and click “Show Report” 5. You can download the ledger as a PDF, CSV, or XLS file
1. The first step is to open Curacubby and click Parents
2. Type the Parent Name in the search box to find the parent
3. Click the Parent Name
4. Click Ledger
5. To show the ledger for a specific date range, deselect All Dates
6. Type the first date of the report in the From Date
7. Type the last date of the report in the To Date
8. Click Show Report
9. To download the ledger, click Download, then select PDF, CSV, or Excel.
10. That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial
Instructions for parents to view and download their ledgers:
- Open Curacubby
- Click on “Invoices” on the left sidebar
- Click the “Ledger” tab
- [Optional] To filter the ledger by a date range, deselect the “All Dates” checkbox and select a date range using the “From Date” and “To Date” selectors and click “Show Report”
- Click “Download” to download the ledger as a PDF, XLS, or CSV file. The download will include your school's information and tax ID.
1. The first step is to open Curacubby and click Invoices
2. Click Ledger
3. If you only want to see a specific date range, deselect All Dates
4. Type the first date for the report in From Date
5. Type the last date for the report in To Date
6. Click Show Report
7. If you would like to download your ledger for this date range, click Download
8. That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial
To view and download a parent statement:
- Click “Parents” on the left sidebar 2. Find a parent and click on the parent's name 3. Click the “Statement” tab
- Click "Download Statement"
Note- parents are not able to view or download their statements. If they need this information, they can access their ledger to see the same information that would be on their statement.