Use the parent ledger to view all invoices and payment history for a parent. Parents can access their ledger from their parent portal and can use the ledger for tax purposes or FSA reimbursements.
The ledger includes invoice numbers, student names, invoice dates, payment dates, and service dates of all line items billed to the parent within a specified date range. The parent can download their ledger to PDF or XLS; the downloaded version includes the school's name, address, and tax ID.
While the ledger is line item-based (it includes all billed line items and payments), the Statement is invoiced-based. The statement shows all invoices billed to the parent with the invoice status, credit applied to the invoice, and if thee invoice is paid, the payment method and paid date. The statement is sorted by status (paid invoices will be at the top of the statement). The statement is only available to school administrators and is not visible to parents.
To view and download the parent ledger:
1. Click “Parents” on the left sidebar
2. Find a parent and click on the parent's name
3. Click the “Ledger” tab
4. [Optional] To filter the ledger by a date range, deselect the “All Dates” checkbox and select a date range using the “From Date” and “To Date” selectors and click “Show Report”
5. You can download the ledger as a PDF, CSV, or XLS file
Note: Parents are able to access and download their ledger through their parent account.
Share this article with parents for viewing their ledger:
Here's an interactive tutorial
To view and download a parent statement:
- Click “Parents” on the left sidebar
- Find a parent and click on the parent's name 3. Click the “Statement” tab
- Click "Download Statement"
Note: Parents are not able to view or download their statements. If they need this information, they can access their ledger to see the same information that would be on their statement.